Wishing all who served and who are currently serving a very blessed Veterans Day.
Holiday Decorated House Contest
This year, there will be a contest for the best, brightest, and most impressively decorated house for the holidays. This contest is aimed at sparking a community effort to beautify and brighten up our area for the holidays. You must enter the contest to win one of 3 prizes, but if everyone participates, the ultimate prize is to have one of the most unique and impressive holiday “towns” around. Sign up forms are available at Village hall and also on the Village’s website. The winners will be announced at the tree lighting ceremony on December 7th. This contest is for homes and businesses located within the GWL School district, not just the Village. Meaning, it includes everyone from Nelson Rd. to Jersey Ave, East Shore, Etc. But, you must register your home to be included.
Coalition Hosts Presentation on Dangers of Heroin
Our community is witnessing some of the challenges that communities throughout the region are facing – but, we will not sit idly by. We will take control and proactively effect change. There will be a presentation on the dangers of heroin, and the steps that may lead people to use heroin, at the Greenwood Lake Middle School on November 13th at 7:00 p.m. This presentation is hosted by the Greenwood Lake Coalition and has some very special and talented guest speakers, including our County District Attorney David Hoovler. The event is free and we welcome everyone to attend over the age of 13.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge
- Youth Open Gym for 6th through 8th graders at the middle school from 6-8pm every Monday. 9th – 12th graders will have open gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm.
- Dangers of Heroin public presentation on the dangers of heroin use Nov., 13th at 7:00 p.m. at the Middle School.
- Village Board Workshop, Nov., 17th from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse
- Village Board General Meeting, Nov., 17th at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse