Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Aquatic Invasive Plant Inventory of GWL Presentation
Partnering with the Greenwood Lake Commission and Allied Biologicals, we received a grant to conduct a study of the invasive plant species in Greenwood Lake through the Hudson Valley PRISM Grant Program. This was a 2 week long intense study to identify each plant species that is in Greenwood Lake, and their locations and this study was conducted in June of 2014, just before the herbicide application. There will be a presentation on the findings of the study on Tuesday, November 25th at the Greenwood Lake Elks Lodge at 7:00p.m. All members of the public are welcome and encourage to attend. We believe this study will be among many proactive measure to help save our lake and ensure that the most cost effective and safest strategies are employed toward that end.
Register your Home for Decorated House Contest
If you plan on decorating your home this year for the holidays, be sure to register your address either at Village Hall or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan on promoting tours around the community to view the wonderfully decorated homes. You must register by December 1st and the judging will take place on Dec., 6th from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m.. The winner will be announced at the Tree lighting ceremony on the 7th.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge
- Youth Open Gym for 6th through 8th graders at the middle school from 6-8pm every Monday. 9th – 12th graders will have open gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm.
- Breakfast with Santa, 6th at 8:00a.m. American Legion
- Caroling by the Campfire at the Greenwood Lake Garden Center Dec 6th from 4:00p.m. – 7:00p.m.
- Greenwood Lake Gives Back Food Pantry Fundraiser Murphy’s Tavern 7:00p.m.
- Pictures with Santa at the Church of the Good Shepherd Dec. 7th at 2:00p.m.
- Christmas Festival, Tree Lighting and Vendor Fair at the Church of the Good Shepherd on Windermere Dec., 7th from 2:00p.m. – 5:00p.m.
- Menorah Lighting at the Ambulance Building , 16th at 7:00p.m.
- Village Board Workshop, Dec 15th from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse
- Village Board General Meeting, Dec., 15th at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse