From the Mayor’s Office
Local Filming Alert
Do you want to be in a movie starring multiple Academy Award and Emmy winners & nominees – next Sunday April 9 (in Greenwood Lake) as background players? This film will be the Opening Night Movie at the Hoboken Int’l Film Festival (“HIFF”), and you will receive 2 free All Access Passes to HIFF if you are in the movie! Email BOTH Ken@JusticeForAllProductions.com and email@example.com – if you want to be in the movie and get the free passes.
Great News from Community Development
This past week I met with the Orange County Director for Community Development, Richard Mayfield, who provided tremendous news for our Village. We were approved for the Hazard Mitigation Grant funding that we applied for 3 years ago! This grant will fully fund, with $500,000, a Lakelands culvert project which will remove the ponding and major flooding in that area. The grant also includes fully funding an $80,000 generator project for the Village’s designated storm shelter – the Elks.
- GWL Coalition Teen Center open every Wednesday from 4-8pm at the GWL Elks Lodge. 4-6pm art open to all ages under 18 & 6-8pm teen group (12-16 ages)
- Open Gym Basketball for grades 7-12 at the Middle School Gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm starting October 17th.
- GWL Village Board Budget Public Hearing, April 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Village Hall
- GWL Village Board HUD Public Hearing, April 17th at 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall followed by a special board meeting to adopt budget and HUD submission
- Grace Lutheran Roast Beef Dinner, April 1st from 4pm – 6:30pm at Grace Lutheran Church. $13 pp or $11 for Seniors.
- GWL PBA Easter Egg Hunt, April 9th at 11am at the American Legion.
- Greenwood Lake Elks Good Friday Fish Dinner Friday, April 14th from 5pm – 8pm at the Elks Lodge.
- Grace Lutheran Paper Shredding Event , April 22nd from 9am – noon.
- Concert to End Homelessness, April 29th from 12pm – 8pm at the GWL Elks.