From the Mayor’s Office
Job Well Done by Friends of the Boy Scouts
This past weekend I had the honor of attending a Friends of the GWL Boy Scouts event at the Elks. This event was a tremendous success and underscores the community’s appreciation for the hard work and positive contributions the Scouts, and their leaders, make in our area. On behalf of the Village Board and the entire Greenwood Lake community, we would like to extend our heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all the Scouts have done and will continue to do in the community.
2017 Community Clean Scheduled
This year’s Community Clean Sweep will be held Saturday, April 8th from 8am – 4pm. The meeting place will be at the GWL Elks Lodge (side entrance by basketball hoop). If you would like to come help clean community parks you can come to the Elks and we will send you out to needy locations. If you would like to clean your own neighborhood, please contact Village Hall to let us know where you’ll be cleaning and we will send out a crew to pick up any debris or bags left on the street corner for your cleaning. Household items will NOT be picked up. We are only taking away debris that has been found from a neighborhood cleanup. Community service hours will be given out if they are requested.
- GWL Coalition Teen Center open every Wednesday from 4-8pm at the GWL Elks Lodge. 4-6pm art open to all ages under 18 & 6-8pm teen group (12-16 ages)
- Open Gym Basketball for grades 7-12 at the Middle School Gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm starting October 17th.
- GWL Village Board Workshop, April 3rd at 6:30 p.m. in the courthouse
- GWL Village Board Meeting for Reorganization , April 3rd at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse
- Grace Lutheran Roast Beef Dinner, April 1st from 4pm – 6:30pm at Grace Lutheran Church. $13 pp or $11 for Seniors.
- GWL PBA Easter Egg Hunt, April 9th at 11am at the American Legion.
- Greenwood Lake Elks Good Friday Fish Dinner Friday, April 14th from 5pm – 8pm at the Elks Lodge.
- Grace Lutheran Paper Shredding Event , April 22nd from 9am – noon.