From the Mayor’s Office
Theatre on the Lake Coming in September!!
I am thrilled to announce that the Village of Greenwood Lake, partnering with 2 extremely talented residents, Katie Weatherford and Mary Riley, will be bringing back Theatre on the Lake. The first performance this year will be a show that was once featured on Broadway named The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Don’t let the name fool you, this is not the nearby Putnam County and this is a hilariously witty play that will feature professional actors at our Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park for a two-night performance. This 100-minute show will kick off at 8pm on September 9th and the second showing of the same show will be September 10th also at 8pm. The show is required to have an admission because there will be professional and union actors. The cost of admission is $5.00 per viewing. The Village has secured at a discounted price 100 tickets — 50 to give away for free to local residents for each night. So if you are a local resident and would like to attend the show for free, you may pick up a ticket at Village Hall M-F between 8am – 4pm. Otherwise you will have to pay $5 at the entrance. If you have questions about the event you may either email me at email@example.com or one of the event coordinators, Katie Weatherford at firstname.lastname@example.org. The show is officially being produced by Mercia Entertainment, a theatre company run by Village Resident Mary Riley.
Thanks to 5K Coordinators, Sponsors and Participants
I made the decision to dedicate my previous column to Sharon Gehler and did not get the opportunity to thank the 5K group – but thanks are very much in order! This year was a tremendous success. The event organizers, lead by my good friend Bill Cerone, did an outstanding job pulling this race together. The sponsors came out in full force along with the participants to support a noble cause – the GWL Coalition Teen Center. Thank you all so much for your hard work and dedication to Greenwood Lake.
- GWL Coalition Youth League basketball, kickball and Soccer every Wed., from 6-8pm at Helen Kelly and Langen Courts (Vine St). Ages 10-15. We will have an end of year BBQ for the kids from 7-9pm at the courts on Aug 31st.
- Children’s Concert at the Beach, Thur., August 18th from 6pm – 8pm.
- Summer Concert: Local Favorite – Spitball Parade, Sat Aug 20th at 7pm.
- Grace Lutheran Church Pulled Pork & Chicken Dinner, Aug. 20th from 4pm – 6:30pm. Tickets in advance $8 adult, $7 Seniors, $ 6 kids 8 and under, at door $10 adult, $9 Seniors, $8 Kids for info call 477-0315
- Village Board Workshop, Aug. 22nd 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Village Board Meeting, Aug. 22nd at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Zumba at the Beach, Every Saturday at the Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park, 9am. Yoga at the beach every other Tuesday at 9am beginning Tuesday June 14th.