From the Mayor’s Office
Independence Day Celebration
Please join us on Sunday, July 3rd as we celebrate the birth of the greatest nation on Earth. The festivities kick off with a parade down Windermere Avenue at 11am, led by our Village’s Citizen of the Year, Chip Murphy. The parade starts at the intersection of Waterstone and Windemere and concludes at Fitzula’s Gift Shop. Later in the day, find a spot at the Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park to enjoy one of the County’s best fireworks shows over the lake. Fireworks generally start at about 9pm.
Lake Management Efforts
The Village of Greenwood Lake, in accordance with out lake management plan, will use Aquathol K, an herbicide, on Wednesday, June 29th. There is a 24-hour swimming restriction ONLY for the areas treated. There are no restrictions on consuming fish, drinking water or using the water for irrigation. The areas to be treated are: 200ft north of the 17A bridge, the entire East Arm down to Chapel Island, the Northwest Arm (by Defeos) from the Jersey avenue culvert to the south side of Defeo’s property. If you have any questions about this process, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Teen Movie Night at the Beach Wed., June 29th from 8:30pm – 10pm. Free admission, donations welcome.
• Kids Summer Kickoff at the Beach Thur., June 30 from 6pm – 9pm at the Thomas Morahan Park. There will be a DJ for entertainment.
• Summer Concert: “Old Friends” Fri., July 1st at 7pm. Music is 50’s, 60’s and some 70’s classics.
• Summer Concert: NY Hitmen Sat., July 2nd at 7pm.
• Zumba at the Beach, Every Saturday at the Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park, 9am. Yoga at the beach every other Tuesday at 9am beginning Tuesday June 14th.