From the Mayor’s Office
Village Adopts Budget for 2016/2017
One of the many goals I set when I ran for Mayor was to keep taxes affordable and spend our hard earned tax dollars as efficiently as possible to provide the essential services which our residents rely on. I am proud to say that as your Mayor, working with our dedicated Village Board and staff, have done exactly that. In a short 3 years, this Village Board and administration has been able to keep taxes under control while investing resources into our aging infrastructure, youth services, lake maintenance and improvements, revitalizing our parks and grounds, beautifying our main street and re-writing our comprehensive plan for the Village. In 3 years, we have added over $100,000 into our fund balance (savings account) through efficient spending practices and the ability to come in under budget consistently. I assure you, however, this Board is not of a mentality to cut, cut, and cut. We are spending a dollar as you would in your home, the way I do in my home – with consideration for how far a dollar can go.
Some plans that we have for this upcoming budget year are: Sediment remediation project in North West arm of the lake, Waterstone road sidewalk project, replacing deteriorating sidewalks on Windermere Avenue, installing a passive boat launch for public use on the north arm of the lake which will also serve as a Village gateway park, a handicap accessible wetlands trail connecting the dog park with Victory Acres and the Town Park. This Village Board is able to provide ALL of the essential services of previous years, create new programs and upgrade our infrastructure by increasing taxes slightly less than 1 quarter of 1 percent year over year. This equals an increase in taxes of $.13 per thousand dollars of assessed value.
- Community Clean Sweep, April 23rd at the Senior Center
- Grace Lutheran Arts & Craft Show/ Sale, April 23rd from 10:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
- Village Board Meeting May 16th at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Village Board Workshop May 16th 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Teen Center open every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Elks Lodge
- GWL Coalition Sponsored Stairway to Heroin Presentation, April 28th at 7:00 p.m. in the GWL Middle School
- Open Gym for 6th – 8th grades every Monday from 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Open Gym for high school aged every Wed., & Friday from 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at M.S. gym.
- Open Gym for Adults Friday from 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at M.S. gym