From the Mayor’s Office
Village Board Looks to Expand Recreation
In an effort to expand recreation in our Village, the Board is in the process of acquiring property from Orange County on our North Arm (by American Legion) for the purpose of a park and a passive boat launch. A passive boat launch is one in which kayaks, canoes and non-motorized boats may be launched. The Village is seeking a grant from the Orange County IDA to cover the cost of the project. We anticipate the park and use of the launch to be free to anyone who would like to use it. Providing recreational access to the north arm of our lake is critical in protecting it from expanding wetlands and sedimentation issues. Adding a park to one of our community’s gateways is one more way to make our residents feel better about our community, improve the desirability and appearance of our Village and also provides an additional opportunity for recreational and outdoor use for our residents.
Mark Your Calendar: Clean Sweep!
As Spring approaches, we start planning our spring cleaning of the village. Each year, the Village Board tries to bring people together for a common goal – cleaning up the community together. This year, we will be meeting at the Greenwood Lake Senior Center at 9am on April 16th. We will dispatch teams out to critical points of the village to work on projects, pick up litter and make our community shine. This year, we are looking for additional assistance cleaning up our lake’s shores. This is best done by kayak, canoe or small boats. If you would like to participate, boaters will meet at the Waterstone Gazebo. We will provide you with bags, gloves and direction. At the end of the day, you may leave all of the bagged trash behind for our crews to remove for you. If you have any questions, please reach out to me directly at Mayor@villageofgreenwoodlake.org
- Village Board Workshop, April 4th, 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Village Board Meeting, April 4th, 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Budget Workshop:
4/4/2016 at 6pm in Courthouse
- Public Hearing on Budget:
4/11/2016 at 7pm in Village Hall
- Holy Rosary Wine and Design, April 10th from 2pm – 4pm at the Church
- Teen Center open every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Elks Lodge
- Open Gym for 6th – 8th grades every Monday from 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Open Gym for high school aged every Wed., & Friday from 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at M.S. gym.
- Open Gym for Adults Friday from 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at M.S. gym