From the Mayor’s Office
Plan for Safe Travel on St. Patrick’s Day
Village Police and other jurisdictions will be out in full force on St. Patrick’s Day enforcing traffic laws, protecting the safety of drivers and pedestrians from intoxicated drivers. In celebrating a day that is very meaningful to many of us Irish Catholic Americans, and all those celebrating this holiday, please make smart decisions and choose to call a taxi, walk, or arrange for a sober designated driver.
Safe Travel in Village
As the weather turns, and more people are out walking and playing outside, I would urge residents to drive very carefully throughout ‘town’. The speed limit on ALL side roads is 15 mph, and all other village streets are 25 mph. These speed limits will continue to be strictly enforced to ensure that our pedestrians, and children, can feel safe on their streets. Village Police will also be enforcing pedestrian crosswalk laws which require ALL drivers to stop for pedestrians in a crosswalk. There is nothing so urgent that would require our residents to speed through the Village and not take 5 seconds out of their day to ensure a pedestrian can cross a road safely. PLEASE, follow posted laws and respect members of our community who choose to travel by foot, and be sure to share the road with travelers choosing to travel by bicycle.
- Village Board Meeting on the Tentative Budget , March 7th at 7pm in Village Hall
- Village Board Workshop, April 4th, 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Village Board Meeting, April 4th, 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Budget Workshop: 4/4/2016 at 6pm in Courthouse
- Public Hearing on Budget: 4/11/2016 at 7pm in Village Hall
- Neighborhood Watch, March 16th at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- GWL Coalition Meeting , March 15th at Village Hall 7 p.m.
- Registration for 18th Annual Learn to Row Program on March 26th from 9am. – 12pm at the Alex Emodi Boathouse. Contact 845-477-3076 for more information
- GWL Elks Lodge Fish Fry , March 25th from 5pm – 8pm at the Elks Lodge
- Teen Center open every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Elks Lodge
- Open Gym for 6th – 8th grades every Monday from 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Open Gym for high school aged every Wed., & Friday from 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at M.S. gym.
- Open Gym for Adults Friday from 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at M.S. gym
- Election for Village Board March 15th, 12p.m. – 9p.m. at the Senior Center