From the Mayor’s Office
GWL Mourns the Loss of Religious Leader
It is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to a local religious and community leader, Pastor Jack Traugott of Grace Lutheran Church. Pastor Jack left retirement to become Grace Lutheran’s Pastor, and has been there since 1996. Since then, he not devoted his life to Grace, he played an active, and very positive role in the upbringing of our future generations- through Little Buddies. My daughter, Emma Rose, although a parishioner of Holy Rosary, has many fond memories of Pastor Jack. Fondest of them all will be the picture we show Emma later in life of her sitting on Santa’s lap at Grace Lutheran Church for the very first time – of course the identity of Santa may not be revealed.
Village Budget Process Underway
The Village is beginning budget hearings on our 2016 – 2017 Village budget. Hearings, and all matters relating to the budget process, excluding department head meetings, are open to the public. We are very proud of the work we have accomplished so far to keep spending and taxes down, and provide essential services as efficiently as possible. If you would like to see the budget process, please join us at one of the following budget meetings:
Department Requested Budget:
3/7/16 at 7pm in Village Hall
3/14/2016 at 6:30 pm in Courthouse
4/4/2016 at 6pm in Courthouse
Public Hearing on Budget:
4/11/2016 at 7pm in Village Hall
- Village Board Meeting on the Tentative Budget , March 7th at 7pm in Village Hall
- Village Board Workshop, March 14th, 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Village Board Meeting, March 14th, 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Teen Center open every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Elks Lodge
- Open Gym for 6th – 8th grades every Monday from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Open Gym for high school aged every Friday from 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at M.S. gym.
- Election for Village Board March 15th, 12p.m. – 9p.m. at the Senior Center