From the Mayor’s Office
Celts of the Year!
This weekend, I will be proud to join my friends, colleagues and fellow community members to honor 2 amazing people in Greenwood Lake. The Greenwood Lake Gaelic Cultural Society has named Katheleen Buckley-Holder and Tommy Holder as their Celts of the year for 2016. Over the past several years (after Katheleen ran against me for Trustee!!) I have come to know Katheleen and her husband Tommy very well. Getting to know them has made me learn more about Greenwood Lake and more importantly, what it means to bestow the traditions and commitment to community that we, as Greenwood Lakers, strive to exemplify. I cannot list all of the things both Tommy and Katheleen are involved in, as the newspaper limits my column to a mere 5 paragraphs, but what I can say is this – I have been amazed by the fact that Katheleen and Tommy have been able balance jobs, raising fantastic kids, making it to Village Board meetings to run our government as a Village Trustee and still find time to participate so heavily, and contribute invaluable time and service, to Greenwood Lake’s civic organizations. So I repeat, I am not only amazed I am grateful that Greenwood Lake has people like Katheleen and Tommy to make sure that our tradition of putting family and community before oneself lives on. Congratulations to you both and thank you for all you do.
- Village Board Meeting on the Tentative Budget , March 7th at 7pm in Village Hall
- Village Board Workshop, March 14th, 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Village Board Meeting, March 14th, 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Teen Center open every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Elks Lodge
- Open Gym for 6th – 8th grades every Monday from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Open Gym for high school aged every Friday from 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at M.S. gym.
- Election for Village Board March 15th, 12p.m. – 9p.m. at the Senior Center