From the Mayor’s Office
Greenwood Lake Gives Back Fundraiser
This Friday, December 4th, we are hosting a fundraiser and food drive for our local food pantry. With the leadership of local resident Bill Cerone and help from Deputy Mayor Kelli Kelm and myself, we will host the food drive at Murphy’s Tavern from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. The cost of admission is EITHER a monetary donation made payable to the GWL Food Pantry or a food / toiletries donation. Live entertainment provided by local favorite, Spitball Parade, food and a cash bar. All proceeds go directly to the food pantry as this is a not for profit event.
Thank you to the EARC!!
I would like to personally thank the members of the East Arm Rowing Club of Greenwood Lake for sponsoring a fundraiser this past weekend. The event, coordinated by local rower, Jennifer Bishop, was a huge success raising more than $750 dollars for the Greenwood Lake Coalition which runs the local Teen Center, among many other things.
On behalf of the Village Board and staff of the Village of Greenwood Lake, I would like to wish those who celebrate a very Happy Hanukkah. The Village Menorah lighting will take place on the first sunset of Hanukkah, December 6th at 5pm at the GWL Volunteer Ambulance Corp.
Holiday Events in the Village
- , Dec. 4th GWL Gives Back Food Pantry Fundraiser 7:00 p.m. at Murphy’s Tavern. Admission is either monetary donation to the food pantry or a non-perishable food item or toiletries for the pantry.
- , Dec. 5th Breakfast with Santa 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at the Elks Lodge
- , Dec. 6th Menorah Lighting, Christmas Tree Lighting, Holiday Vendor Fair and Pictures with Santa and Performances:
- Pictures with Santa: 2pm – 5pm
- Holiday Vendor Fair 2pm – 5pm
- Menorah Lighting: 5pm
- Holiday Performances 5:15 – 5:30
- Christmas tree Lighting: 5:30 p.m.
- , Dec 19th Caroling by the Campfire, Wagon Rides and Chorale Singers at the Greenwood Lake Garden Center from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.