Last Chance for Leaf Pick Up
The Village will discontinue leaf pick up November 30th for the west side of the lake (Windermere, Victory Acres, Greenwood Park, Jersey Ave) and December 3rd for the East side of the lake (Lakelands, WTW, Edgemere, Etc). Please note, it is against our Village Code to have leaves left on your lawn going into the winter. This law will be enforced.
Locals Seeking Veterans Currently Serving
The local organizations of the Catholic Daughters and American Legion Ladies Auxiliary are seeking information on locals who are serving in our armed forces. If you know of anyone from our community who is currently in any active duty military role, please contact Village Hall and let us know – we’d like to pass along the information so that care packages may be sent.
EARC Supporting GWL Coalition
I would like to thank the East Arm Rowing Club for supporting the Greenwood Lake Coalition in the upcoming “Ergathon”. The fundraiser will be held at the Alexander Emodi Boathouse on Waterstone Rd from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on November 29th. The members of the club will row on stationary rowing machines and will pay more the more they row.
Holiday Events in the Village
- , Nov. 26th Happy Thanksgiving!!
- , Dec. 4th GWL Gives Back Food Pantry Fundraiser 7:00 p.m. at Murphy’s Tavern. Admission is either monetary donation to the food pantry or a non-perishable food item or toiletries for the pantry.
- , Dec. 5th Breakfast with Santa 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at the Elks Lodge
- , Dec. 6th Menorah Lighting, Christmas Tree Lighting, Holiday Vendor Fair and Pictures with Santa and Performances:
- Pictures with Santa: 2pm – 5pm
- Holiday Vendor Fair 2pm – 5pm
- Menorah Lighting: 5pm
- Holiday Performances 5:15 – 5:30
- Christmas tree Lighting: 5:30 p.m.
- , Dec 19th Caroling by the Campfire, Wagon Rides and Chorale Singers at the Greenwood Lake Garden Center from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.