From the Mayor’s Office
Thank a Veteran… Every Day
Veteran’s day is a day I do not fully understand. To me, Veterans, both former and active duty military, should be thanked and recognized every single day of our lives regardless of whether or not they fight, have fought, or will fight on our behalf. Our military men and women sacrifice their lives and their freedom every day to ensure that they are ready for that moment’s notice where they are called to action to protect us, our values and ensure our freedom. I am the son, brother, grandson and nephew of Marine Corp, Army and Coast Guard Veterans. I know full well the sacrifices made by these men and women and I encourage everyone to thank a Veteran not only on Veteran’s Day, but every day. Their sacrifices are boundless and deserve recognition beyond one day this year. Thank you to the men and women serving on our behalf, and to all those who have served in any of our United States Armed Services.
Events in the Village
● Village Board Workshop Nov. 16th at 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
● Village Board General Meeting Nov. 16th at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
● GWL Coalition Meeting Nov. 17th at 7:00 p.m. in the Senior Center
● Veteran’s Day Service Wed., Nov. 11th at 11:00 a.m. in the American Legion Hall.
● Alzheimer’s Awareness Concert Fundraiser Sat., Nov. 14th from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge. Entrance fee $5 includes live entertainment, 50/50 and light snacks.
● GWL Elks Craft & Gift Show Sun., Nov. 15th from 10:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m.