From the Mayor’s Office
Halloween is near, be Safe
As Halloween comes near, we must not only think about the safety of ourselves and our kids, but the safety of others as well. Please consider dressing your children in bright colors with reflective material. If you are driving Friday and Saturday, please keep in mind that we have children’s events starting 7pm Friday evening and then all day on Halloween. If your home is open for trick or treaters, please be sure that your pathways are well light for those entering your property. We are expecting beautiful weather for Halloween so expect a large number of Halloween participants.
Special Thanks for Lending a Hand
As many of you will notice, we changed out our summer plants for some nice fall colors in our planter boxes. We will be sprucing up our entrances as well in anticipation of the HGTV filming which will occur later this morning and early in November. Special thanks to volunteers Ed English, Ed Bilello and Gina Simione for lending a hand planting flowers this past weekend.
Haunted Trail of Terror
This year, the Greenwood Lake Coalition is running a haunted trail event in Winstanley Park (CVS Field) on Friday night, from 7pm – 10pm. Entrance fee is $3.00 and all proceeds go to supporting the efforts of our local Coalition against drugs and alcohol. Please come and enjoy the great volunteer run Haunted Trail of Terror.
Events in the Village
● Village Board Workshop Nov. 16th at 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
● Village Board General Meeting Nov. 16th at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
● GWL Coalition Meeting Nov. 17th at 7:00 p.m. in the Senior Center
● GWL PBA Halloween Party Wed., Oct 28th at the Elks Lodge from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
● GWL Fire Department Halloween Parade Fri., Oct. 30th at 7:00 p.m.
● GWL Coalition Terror on the Trails (Haunted Trails) Fri., Oct 30th from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. in CVS Field (Winstanley Memorial Park) — $3 admission, all proceeds go to fund the GWL Coalition against Drugs and Alcohol.
● Chamber of Commerce Trick or Treating on Windermere Sat., October 31st from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.