From the Mayor’s Office
A Call to Action
Did you know that the Village of Greenwood Lake has a Teen Center? Did you know that this Teen Center came about in the last two years from the hard work and dedication of our local Coalition against drugs and alcohol? Did you know that the Teen Center is housed in the Elks Lodge and the Elks donate their facilities, food and services to the Center? Did you know the Center is fully run by volunteers? And finally, did you know that the Teen Center cannot continue without more volunteers? The Teen Center is in desperate need of more volunteers who are willing to donate 1 or more Wednesday nights a month at the Center. If you are able to spare 1 or more nights per month to contribute to this great asset within our community, please email me at Mayor@villageofgreenwoodlake.org, or call Village Hall at 845-477-9215. Thank you.
Be Cautious of Deer While Driving
This time of year, as a result of the deer mating season (Rut), driving conditions, both during day and night, can be especially hazardous. During this time, deer become extremely active and will travel carelessly across roads at all times of day. Be especially mindful of areas where hunting occurs (Tuxedo and Warwick Mountains) as pressure from hunters may force deer to cross roads more frequently than usual. If you see a deer, try your best not to swerve into opposing traffic and always remain in your lane. Impact with a deer is far less critical than impacting a vehicle coming the opposite direction.
Events in the Village
● Village Board Workshop Nov. 16th at 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
● Village Board General Meeting Nov. 16th at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
● GWL Coalition Meeting Oct. 20th at 7:00 p.m. in the Senior Center
● Grace Lutheran Italian Family Dinner Sat., Oct. 24th from 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. at the Grace Lutheran Church
● Antlers Halloween Dance Fri., Oct. 23rd from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. (k-3rd grade from 5-7pm, 4th and 5th grades from 7-9pm).
● GWL PBA Halloween Party Wed., Oct 28th at the Elks Lodge from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
● PTSA Trick or Trunk Sun., Oct 25th at 4:00 p.m. in the Middle School parking lot
● GWL Fire Department Halloween Parade Fri., Oct. 30th at 7:00 p.m.
● GWL Coalition Terror on the Trails (Haunted Trails) Fri., Oct 30th from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. in CVS Field (Winstanley Memorial Park) — $3 admission, all proceeds go to fund the GWL Coalition against Drugs and Alcohol.
● Chamber of Commerce Trick or Treating on Windermere Sat., October 31st from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.