From the Mayor’s Office
School’s Open, Drive Carefully
Although we encourage our residents to drive carefully all year, we ask that you take extra precautions while school is in session. Being a Village of “walkers”, we, as drivers, have a responsibility to ensure that our young walkers, and their parents, may use the streets, sidewalks and crosswalks safely as they walk to and from school. Please STOP at all crosswalks if you see someone attempting to cross the street, please STOP at the marked stop lines before entering onto Windermere Avenue and other main streets and finally, PLEASE follow all posted speed limit signs, especially the 5 MPH and 15 MPH signs located near the schools and on ALL side streets.
40th Annual GWL Bed Race and Parade!
The Greenwood Lake Chamber of Commerce proudly presents the 40th Annual Bed Race and Parade! On September 26th, 12 PM, local businesses, clubs, organizations and friends will decorate their “bed on wheels” and parade them down Windermere. After the parade, we will race the beds back up Windermere to see who made the fastest “bed” and who should’ve “stayed in
bed”. There will also be an award for most original Bed. If you are interested in entering a team, contact Teresa Thomas at TeresaT@pedalpowerinc.com or pick up a registration form at The Greenwood Lake Garden Center, Windermere Insurance or Pedal Power Inc.
Events in the Village
● Village Board Workshop Monday Sept. 22nd at 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
● Village Board Public Hearing on cell tower code changes Monday Sept. 22nd at 7:15 p.m.
● Village Board General Meeting Monday Sept. 22nd at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse
● 40th Annual Bed Race and Parade Sat., Sept. 26th at 11:00 a.m. on Windermere
● GWL Elks Wing Fling Sat., Sept 26th 1:00 p.m. at GWL Elks Lodge
● GWL Bark Park Grand Opening Sunday, Sept. 27th at 12:00 p.m. at the Dog Park located on Vine & Chestnut.