Mayor Dwyer’s Column
From the Mayor’s Office
By Jesse Dwyer
Free Bulk Pick Up for Residents
I would like to remind residents that they are entitled to free bulk pick up of household items.. You must call our refuse contractor for the pick up at 866-342-5497 in order to schedule your property. They will be around the village to pick up items on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, but you still must call. They will not accept refrigerators, computers, electronics or air conditioners. If you leave bulk items at the edge of your property and fail to coordinate the pickup, you will be cited for failing to maintain your property.
Building Permits ARE Required
You would think that this statement goes without saying, but you would be surprised to find how many people try to build within the Village without a permit. I am reminding residents that if you fail to check with the Building Department to determine whether or not your project requires a permit, and you begin to build, construct, alter without a permit, you will be fined up to $250 per day until a permit is acquired. We have laws to protect the rights of ALL of our residents, and we intend to enforce those laws to ensure that all property owners and users are protected equally and fairly. Contact the Building Department at 477-9217 with any questions on these requirements.
Another Great Street Fair
I would like to personally thank the Greenwood Lake Chamber of Commerce, and specifically, Eric and Kelli Kelm for organizing yet another tremendous street fair in the village. Great job and thank you for your efforts!
Events in the Village
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks
- GWL Coalition Meeting 3rd Tuesday each month at the Senior Center. 7:00 p.m. Help combat drug and alcohol use among our youth. Attend a Coalition meeting!
- Summer Concert Series, Groovy Tuesday June 20th, 7:30 p.m. at the Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park. FREE!! **Winner of the Coalition raffle for the Beach Season Pass will be announced at this concert**
- Summer Concert Series presents the Channel Drifters Saturday, June 27th at 7:30 p.m. at the Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park.
- GWL Kids Fishing Derby June 28th 9am DeFeo’s Marina. Children under 15 must register by June 22nd at the Greenwood Lake Police Department by calling 47-9211.
- GWL BBQ Throw Down June 28tth sponsored by the GWL Lion’s Club at the Elks Pavillion 3:00pm to 8:00pm.