Mayor Dwyer’s Column
From the Mayor’s Office
By Jesse Dwyer
Coalition Teen Center
The Coalition Teen Center will be closing for the summer, following the school schedule. There will be an end of year party to kick off the summer for all Center-Aged youth (5th – 8th grade). The party will be July 1st from 6pm – 9pm. Free food and fun for all!
The Coalition Teen Center has grown exponentially since beginning two years ago. With that, we are in need of committed volunteers. We are still maintaining the same core group of volunteers who helped found the center. If you would like to volunteer your time once a week, or maybe only once a month at the Center, please contact either Village Hall at 477-9215 or Police Station 477-9211.
Community Coalition Raffling off Season Beach Pass for one Family
The Community Coalition, in an effort to raise funds to support youth programming and promote a drug and alcohol free community, will raffle off a season beach pass for one family to Town Beach. The pass was donated by the Town of Warwick at no cost. Raffle tickets are 2 tickets for $5 or 6 tickets for $10. Tickets may be purchased at the GWL Police Department 24/7. Tickets will be sold up until 5:00 p.m. on June 20th. The winner will be announced at our first concert of the year’s summer concert series on June 20th at the Thomas P. Morahan Park.
Events in the Village
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks
- GWL Coalition Meeting 3rd Tuesday each month at the Senior Center. 7:00 p.m. Help combat drug and alcohol use among our youth. Attend a Coalition meeting!
- GWL Chamber of Commerce Street Fair Saturday, June 13th from 11:00a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Windermere Avenue
- Kelly Miller Circus is BACK!! Monday June 15th at the Ben Winstanley Memorial Park (CVS Field). Two shows: 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.. Advanced tickets may be purchased at the GWL Garden Center, Planet Pizza, Village Buzz, True Value Hardware Store, GWL Library, and Windermere Insurance Agency. Advanced tickets are $12 for adult, $6 for child but if purchased on the day of the event adult tickets are $16 and children are $8. The tent raising ceremony is 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning.
- Summer Concert Series, Groovy Tuesday June 20th, 7:30 p.m. at the Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park. FREE!!