From the Mayor’s Office
By Jesse Dwyer
Coalition Teen Center
The Coalition Teen Center will be closing for the summer, following the school schedule. There will be an end of year party to kick off the summer for all Center-Aged youth (5th – 8th grade). The party will be July 1st from 6pm – 9pm. Free food and fun for all!
The Coalition Teen Center has grown exponentially since beginning two years ago. With that, we are in need of committed volunteers. We are still maintaining the same core group of volunteers who helped found the center. If you would like to volunteer your time once a week, or maybe only once a month at the Center, please contact either Village Hall at 477-9215 or Police Station 477-9211.
Herbicide Application, Round 2
The herbicide that we are using to treat the weeds requires two doses to be administered. The first was put in this past Wednesday. The next will be on Wednesday June 3rd. The rain date for the administration will be Thursday June 4th. There are only 24 hour restrictions for swimming, drinking the water (not advised any time of year), and consuming fish. Do not irrigate your lawn with lake water for at least 2 weeks after the treatment if you are in any of the treatment areas (North, east and west arms of the lake). Any questions, again, please reach out to Village Hall or me directly at Mayor@villageofgreenwoodlake.org.
Events in the Village
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks
- GWL Coalition Meeting 3rd Tuesday each month at the Senior Center. 7:00 p.m. Help combat drug and alcohol use among our youth. Attend a Coalition meeting!
- EARC Rowing Regatta June 6th from 8:00 a.m. – Noon. You may view the races along Sterling & Edgemere Ave. between Emerald Point Restaurant and the bridge to Chapel Island. Refreshments will be served on site.
- GWL Street Fair June 13th, 2015-11am to 5pm Windermere Ave.
- Kelly Miller Circus is BACK!! Monday June 15th at the Ben Winstanley Memorial Park (CVS Field). Two shows: 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.. Advanced tickets may be purchased at the GWL Garden Center, Planet Pizza, Village Buzz, True Value Hardware Store, GWL Library, and Windermere Insurance Agency. Advanced tickets are $12 for adult, $6 for child but if purchased on the day of the event adult tickets are $16 and children are $8. The tent raising ceremony is 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning.