Mayor Dwyer’s Column
From the Mayor’s Office
By Jesse Dwyer
Boater Safety Course Being Offered
Effective May 1st, 2014, any individual born after 5/1/96 are now required to successfully complete an approved course in boater education in order to operate a motorboat in the state of New York. No person may operate a personal watercraft (jetski, wave runner) unless they possess a valid Boater Safety Certificate.
The Greenwood Lake Police Department will be offering Boater Safety courses to the public on 2 days (both are required) May 20th and May 22nd from 6:00p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The cost of the program is $45 and you must register by calling the Police Station at 477-9211.
Thanks for your Patience
I would like to offer my thanks for the patience that we have all demonstrated while our DPW crews reclaim our streets after a vicious winter. I assure you all that our crews are doing all that they can to sweep every street in our village, clean every catch basin and work on each and every pot hole in the Village. Please keep in mind, they must also address the myriad of other challenges that have come our way such as water leaks in Wah Tah Wa while our Water Operators work diligently to restore summer water for those residents. The street sweeper only moves at about 5 mph and must cover nearly 1,000 miles in order to fully sweep the Village.
If any resident notices a pot hole, drainage issue, or other road issue, please contact Village Hall to let us know – 477-9215. We are here to help and we look forward to another great year with clean streets and happy residents.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks
- Youth Open Gym for 6th through 8th graders at the middle school from 6-8pm every Monday. 9th – 12th graders will have open gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm.
- Boater Safety Course May 20th and 22nd from 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Cost is $45. Register at Village Police Station 477-9215. Courthouse
- Village Board Workshop May 11th at 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
- Village Board General Meeting May 11th at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse