Mayor Dwyer’s Column
From the Mayor’s Office
By Jesse Dwyer
Small Village with a Big Reputation
It’s not every day that you can be thousands of miles from home and meet someone who has been to Greenwood Lake. Oddly enough, this exact occurrence has happened to me twice. This past weekend, while in San Francisco on business, I happened to run into someone who had been to Greenwood Lake, the small Village with less than 4,000 residents. This gentleman, originally form Manhattan, said he had been to “some place on the lake with great German food”. I easily determined that to have been one of our many top notch restaurants, Breezy Point Inn. This is just another example of the pride I have in our community and the deep rooted character that we have established thanks to the many successful pioneers and businesses that have given Greenwood Lake such a great national reputation.
Community Clean Sweep
Please consider lending a hand for our Village-wide clean sweep on April 25th. We will be meeting at the Greenwood Lake Senior Center at 8am to dispatch local volunteers to critical sections of the Village for spring cleaning of our community. If you would like to clean up your own neighborhood, we will provide bags and will also pick up the refuse Monday morning from your street corner. You must report your road if you intend to do that. This all day event will also include a privately sponsored paper shredding fundraiser by Grace Lutheran Church and a pill and food drop sponsored by the GWL Coalition. You may drop off expired or unused medication (non-liquid) at the GWL Police Department from 10am – 2pm. Food donations will also be accepted for our local food pantry.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks
- Youth Open Gym for 6th through 8th graders at the middle school from 6-8pm every Monday. 9th – 12th graders will have open gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm.
- Village Clean Sweep, Apr. 25th from 8am – 4pm meeting at Senior Center
- Coalition Pill and Food Drop, Apr. 25th from 10am – 2pm at GWL Police Dept
- Paper Shredding Fundraiser; Sat., Apr. 25th from 9am – 12pm at Grace Lutheran Church on Waterstone Rd.
- Eagle Scout Fundraiser Sliced Steak Dinner Elks, , Apr. 25th from 5pm to 8pm