Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Cleaning up our Community
Beginning this week our refuse contractor, IWS, will be picking up brush and bagged leaves from your curb. Mondays will be pick up for the residential areas in the “flats”, or central section of the village including: Victory Acres, Windermere Park, Greenwood Park, Jersey Ave. Thursday’s pickup will include the southern and south eastern portion of the Village including the Orchards (Lake Drive area), Lakelands, Wah Tah Wa Park, and Edgemere.
Please consider lending a hand for our Village-wide clean sweep on April 25th. We will be meeting at the Greenwood Lake Senior Center at 8am to dispatch local volunteers to critical sections of the Village for spring cleaning of our community. This all day event will also include a privately sponsored paper shredding fundraiser by Grace Luteheran Church and a pill and food drop sponsored by the GWL Coalition. You may drop off expired or unused medication (non-liquid) at the GWL Police Department from 10am – 2pm. Food donations will also be accepted for our local food pantry.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks
- Youth Open Gym for 6th through 8th graders at the middle school from 6-8pm every Monday. 9th – 12th graders will have open gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm.
- Middle School Play: Annie Jr., Fri., Apr. 10th at 7pm and Sat., Apr. 11th at 2pm in the Middle School
- Village Clean Sweep Sat., Apr. 25th from 8am – 4pm meeting at Senior Center
- Coalition Pill and Food Drop Sat., Apr. 25th from 10am – 2pm at GWL Police Dept
- Paper Shredding Fundraiser; Sat., Apr. 25th from 9am – 12pm at Grace Lutheran Church on Waterstone Rd.
- Village Board Budget Public Hearing April 20th 7:00 p.m. in the Courthouse
- Village Board General Meeting April 20th 8:00 p.m. in the Courthouse