Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
With Spring in our Sights
It is hard to imagine that Spring is in our sights considering that as I write this, it’s about 6 degrees outside and we’re feeling what is likely the coldest part of the winter. But a great sign that Spring is coming, is the clear fact that our days are getting longer. Although many of us, including myself, love the winter, I think we’re ready for some long days and warm nights on our amazing lake.
The Village Board has some great plans for the spring. We intend to continue the tradition of a community-wide spring cleaning, improve the safety of pedestrian traffic, continuing to invest in the health and well-being of our lake, and kicking off some of the best youth and adult sports programs in Orange County. I encourage all residents to closely follow the Village website and Facebook page to find out when signups are taking place, when games are being held, and to discover all of the great happenings in and around our Village.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks
- Youth Open Gym for 6th through 8th graders at the middle school from 6-8pm every Monday. 9th – 12th graders will have open gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm.
- Neighborhood Watch, Feb. 18th at 7:30 p.m. in the Village Courthouse.
- Girl’s Softball Signup, Feb. 18th from 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. & Feb., 28th from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in Village Hall
- Grace Lutheran Murder Mystery Dinner, Feb 21st at 7pm and Sun. at 12pm
- Grievance Night, 24th from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Village Hall
- Lake Commission Meeting , 25th at 7:00 p.m. in the GWL Senior Center