Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
A Great Event for a Great Cause
A great attribute in our community is the abundance of incredible organizations who selflessly contribute all they have for the betterment of our community. The greatest attribute we have are the individuals who make up these organizations, and those who support these organizations. One individual in particular, Tony Donato, created an idea and a way to give back. Tony, a great friend to Greenwood Lake, brought our community together for a great event, an Italian Feast, to support our Elks Lodge and Food Pantry. Tony’s explanation, “they give so much to us, this is my way to give back to them”. Well, Tony, as an Elk and as a member of this community, I thank you for your selflessness in giving back to some of our greatest organizations. Job well done by Tony and all the volunteers who worked so hard to make this such a great event.
Join in on the Fun at Breezy’s Winter Carnival
Join in on the community celebration hosted by a great local business, Breezy Point Inn, at their 16th annual Winter Carnival. The festivities kick off Friday, February 13th with a food and drink specials and a torch lighting ceremony, as well as the World famous Miss Winter Carnival Contest. Saturday and Sunday are both packed with events including the infamous bonfire on the ice Saturday night and Polar Bear Plunge on Sunday. The Polar Bear Plunge, which takes place at 3pm, will benefit the Warwick Valley Humane Society. Please join us for good old fashioned fun on Greenwood Lake.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks
- Youth Open Gym for 6th through 8th graders at the middle school from 6-8pm every Monday. 9th – 12th graders will have open gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm.
- Village Board Roundtable Meeting, Feb 17th from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall
- Village Board General Meeting, Feb., 17th at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse
- Breezy Point Winter Carnival, 13th – Feb 15th at Breezy Point Inn.