Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Ring in the New Year Responsibly
After you have carefully analyzed a series of potential New Year’s resolutions, eaten dinner with your friends or family, and you consider heading out for a drink at a friend’s or restaurant / tavern, do so with a well thought out plan. Consider carpooling with a designated driver, making reservations to have a taxi service pick you up at a specified time, or commit yourself as the designated driver and enjoy a great night and start the new year safe, healthy and happy.
Citizen Participation in Government
In next week’s column, the first of the new year, you will read many of the recent accomplishments, challenges, and many future goals of this hard working Village Board. We are a Board with diverse characteristics and backgrounds along with broad expertise and a vast knowledge of business and local government, but we still require citizen participation. We have formed a comprehensive plan committee made up entirely of local residents. We encourage residents to attend our Village Board meetings which are held on the 3rd Monday of each month in the Courthouse. We urge you to attend and speak your mind, offer ideas and solutions to the challenges that we, as a municipality, face every day. We look forward to another great year of continued progress toward a vibrant community that we can all be proud of.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge (Closed until January 7th)
- Youth Open Gym for 6th through 8th graders at the middle school from 6-8pm every Monday. 9th – 12th graders will have open gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm.
- Village Board Workshop, Tues., Jan., 20th from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse
- Village Board General Meeting, Tues., Jan., 20th at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse
- Breezy Point Inn Winter Carnival, 13th – 15th at the Breezy Point Inn Restaurant.