Don’t Miss Out On The Festivities in GWL This Weekend!!
Village’s 90th Anniversary Celebration
The 90th anniversary festivities that were rescheduled to October 18th, this Saturday, will coincide with other fall activities taking place that day. The exciting day in Greenwood Lake will kick off with Trick or Treating on Windermere at 2:00 p.m., sponsored by our Chamber of Commerce, followed by the Firemen’s Halloween Parade which kicks off at 4:30p.m. and ends at CVS where the 90th Celebration will be. Between 4:30-6:00p.m. Grace Lutheran is hosting a Roast Pork Dinner at Grace Lutheran Church on Waterstone Rd. The 90th Anniversary Celebration begins at 5:00p.m. in CVS field and will go until 9:00p.m. There will be food, drink, vendors, live band and great people celebrating the birth of our village. That very evening, the Chamber of Commerce is once again hosting Haunted Trails through our magnificent walking path behind CVS. In addition, we will be renaming the field after Ben and Gen Winstanley as well as dedicating the track around the field from the Lions Club President’s project of 2013.
• Trick or Treating on Windermere sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce begins on Oct., 18th at 200 p.m.
• Fireman’s Halloween Parade Oct. 18th at 4:30 p.m.
• GWL 90th Anniversary Celebration in CVS field Oct. 18th at 5:00 p.m.
• Chamber of Commerce sponsored Haunted Trails Oct. 18th beginning at 7:00 p.m.
• Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge
• Youth Open Gym for 6th through 8th graders at the middle school from 6-8pm every Monday. 9th – 12th graders will have open gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm.
• Village Board Workshop Mon., Oct. 20th from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse
• Village Board General Meeting Mon., Oct 20th at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse