Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Leaf Pick up for Fall
With the incredible beauty of fall foliage ahead of us, we begin to plan our fall clean up. As always, leaf bag pick up is a service offered to Village residents and we implore you to use the service. If you have a lakefront property, your yard maintenance is even more necessary. Leaves that blow into the lake are extremely dangerous to the health and well-being of our lake and leaves that blow into the road are dangerous to drivers and pedestrians. Therefore, it is imperative that leaves be picked up and kept off yards as quickly and as often as possible. The building inspector will be out regularly to ensure such measures are taken seriously.
All leaves are to be bags in biodegradable paper bags, which may be picked up locally, and MAY NOT be bagged in plastic bags. Please put your packed leaf bags at the curb for curbside pickup by IWS (waste Service). Please also keep in mind that these bags must not be too heavy, damaged, or over-stuffed – they are being picked up by hand. The pickup schedule is as follows: Everything west of the lake (Windermere Ave. side streets, Greenwood and Windermere Park, Victory Acres, etc) will be picked up on Mondays and the East side of the lake (Lakelands, Orchards, WTW, Sterling / TenEyck) will be picked up on Thursdays.
- Trick or Treating on Windermere sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce begins on Oct., 18th at 200 p.m.
- Fireman’s Halloween Parade 18th at 4:30 p.m.
- GWL 90th Anniversary Celebration in CVS field Oct. 18th at 5:00 p.m.
- Chamber of Commerce sponsored Haunted Trails 18th beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge
- Youth Open Gym for 6th through 8th graders at the middle school from 6-8pm every Monday. 9th – 12th graders will have open gym every Monday from 8pm – 10pm.
- Village Board Workshop Mon., Oct. 20th from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse
- Village Board General Meeting Mon., Oct 20th at 7:30 p.m. in the courthouse