Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Celebrating GWL’s 90th “Birthday”
In a year where we have seen so many community events and fun times for all ages, we are wrapping the year up with a grand finale. For some, September 6th is late summer, but for us fall lovers, it is dubbed the beginning of fall. Well, on that early fall day, GWL will offer the epic and historic running of the beds down Windermere. Beginning at 12:00 p.m., if you are not running a bed, stand along Windermere and watch the comedic and competitive racing of beds. Just before the bed race, take a few minutes to save a life and donate blood at the GWL Ambulance Corp building located at 74 Windermere Ave between 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Following the historic GWL Bed Race, at 2:00 p.m., we will be celebrating GWL’s 90th year of being an incorporated New York Village. Please join the GWL Village Board, Town Board and over a dozen local organizations for a day of historic fun in Greenwood Lake. Kicking off festivities at 2:00 p.m. in the field next to CVS, there will be food, refreshments, pie eating contests, dunk tanks, local products for sale and the nostalgic feeling of good ‘ole GWL!
• Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge
• Ambulance Corp Blood Drive – Sat., Sept., 6th from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p. m. at the Ambulance Corp Building
• Village Board Workshop/ Roundtable Mon., Sept 15th from 5:30p.m. – 7:30p.m. in the Courthouse
• Village Board General Meeting Mon., Sept. 15th at .7:30p.m.
• GWL Annual Bed Race, Sept. 6th beginning at 12pm on Windermere Ave
• GWL Celebrates 90th Anniversary Sept. 6th at 2pm in the GWL Park next to CVS.