Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Greenwood Lake’s Inaugural
5K & Kids Fun Run
The success of the recent 5K is attributed to many factors. First and foremost, the dedicated volunteers and coordination of a hard working 5K committee that included Bill Cerone, Alexandriah Sabarese, Rebecca Forchette, Deputy Mayor Kelli Kelm, Trustee Katheleen Holder, Meghan Gilson, and Teresa Thomas. On race day, where there were over 200 racers between the 5K and Kid’s Fun Run, we had over 30 volunteers ensuring that the inaugural event went off without a hitch.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. In addition, I would like to thank all of the more than 25 local sponsors, including our top sponsors: RW Orange County LLC (Proposed Sterling Forest Resort, Tuxedo, NY) with a $1,000 donation, the G.L. Lions Club with $500 and of course, the G.L. Elks Lodge with whom the Village partnered to execute this event. I’d also like to thank the Greenwood Lake Boy Scouts and finally, I would like to thank the G.L. Police, Fire and EMS for their support on race day.
Second Free Children’s
Concert This Thursday
Be sure to come out and enjoy a wonderful free children’s concert at the beach, sponsored by the G.L. Lions Club. The concert on Thurs., Aug. 14 at 7 p.m. will be the Uncle Brothers Band returning to play once again for our community’s children. If it rains the concert will be held at the G.L. Elks Lodge, located at 35 Chestnut St.
• Coalition Teen Center – every Wed. from 6 to 9 p.m. at the G.L. Elks Lodge.
• Boaters Safety Course – Wed., Aug., 13 & Fri., Aug. 15. Please sign up at the police department by calling 477-9211. This course runs two days, Wednesday and Friday, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. You must attend both sessions.
• Children’s Concert at the Beach – Thurs., Aug. 14 the Uncle Brothers Band will perform at 7 p.m. at the Waterfront Park. This free children’s concert is sponsored by the G.L. Lions Club.
• Identity Theft Seminar at the Senior Citizen’s Center – Fri. Aug., 15 at 12:30 p.m.
• Summer Concert Series – Sat., Aug. 16 the Galea & The Galvanizers, a blues rock band, will perform at 7:30 p.m. at the Waterfront Park.
• Summer Concert Series – Sat., Aug. 23 at 7:30 p.m. will be Irish Night at the Beach, sponsored by the Greenwood Lake Gaelic Cultural Society.
• Village Board Workshop – Mon., Sept 15 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
• Village Board General Meeting – Mon., Sept. 15 at 7:30 p.m.