Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Upcoming Greenwood Lake Reunion
After taking a weeklong vacation with my family to attend a “Mech Family Reunion (My wife’s side)” I get to come home to attend something incredible – A Greenwood Lake Reunion. It is not often that a community can be so tight knit and connected, you can actually have a community-wide reunion. Well, according to long-time Laker, Tony Donato – you can, and we will!!
Sources who have organized the reunion have told me that there will be over 300 attendees, both local and from all across the nation, to attend a reunion unlike any other. This reunion, dubbed as “Greenwood Lake Reunion 2014”, will be hosted at the Elks Lodge over the course of a 3 day series of events and gatherings. The reunion kicks off this Friday, August 1st at the Elks Annual Golf Outing. On Saturday, there is the reunion and BBQ which has been sold out since last week. The ticket sales were capped at 300 and they exceeded that with continuing requests for tickets. On Sunday, from 9:00a.m. – 1:–p.m., there will be a benefit Bruch at the Elks Pavilion to raise funds to help the Elks’ cause to stamp out Juvenile Diabetes. This event is available for the general public and tickets may be purchased at the door for $12.00pp.
Meeting of the GWL Historical Society
Join a delightful time with great people at GWL’s Historical Society Meeting held at the Continental Restaurant on the Lake this Thursday at 7:30p.m. Come early and enjoy dinner at a great GWL Restaurant.
You could be a lifelong “Laker” or new to the community. Come and listen to some great historical stories told by some of GWL’s finest historians.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge
- Greenwood Lake Historical Society Meeting Thursday, July 31st at the Continental Restaurant 7:30p.m.
- Village Board Workshop, Aug. 11th From .6:30p.m. – 7:30p.m. in the Courthouse
- Village Board General Meeting, Aug. 11th at .7:30p.m.
- GWL 5K Walk/ Run and Kids’ Fun Run, August 9th beginning at the Waterfront Park 9:00A.M.
- Summer Concert Series Fri. Aug 1st–Some Guys and a Broad-Great 60, 70’s & 80’s group
- Summer Concert Series Sat., Aug. 9th – Forever Ray – A Ray Charles Tribute Band at 7:30 p.m. at the Waterfront Park