GWL COLUMN — IMPORTANT NOTICE
Village to Treat Lake on Thursday, June 19
The water body, Greenwood Lake, has hit such a deplorable state. The Village Board, in an effort to save our lake, save our property values and revive a dying lake, will be using herbicides, specifically Aquathol K, to treat the weeds in the North, East and West Arms of our lake. After numerous discussions, public meetings, public input both written and verbal, DEC review and DEC approval, the Village will be using herbicides to treat the lake on June 19. Below is the information that is “recommended” by the DEC. However, the DEC recommends that you may consume fish after 24 hours, I do not recommend consuming fish from a lake where motorboats are present. There are toxins from fuel and oil which make consuming fish, and drinking water directly from the lake very unhealthy.
After herbicide treatment:
- Do not swim for 24 hours
- Do not consume fish for 24 hours
- Do not irrigate/ water lawn with lake water for 7 days
- Do not drink the water if <0.1ppm is present
Notice will be posted in all available locations.
GWL Seniors to Take Trip
Senior Citizens (55 and older) who live in the Town of Warwickm including Villages of Greenwood Lake, Warwick and Florida, can join the GWL seniors on a trip to Hunterdon Hills Playhouse in Hampton, NJ on July 9th for the Big Band Summer Musical show, “Better with a Band showcase of music as Carole King, Barry Manilow, Ray Price and Neil Sedaka, Lunch, Bus $55.00 per person. The bus leaves from the GWL Senior Center at 8:45a.m. and will return at 5:30p.m.
Contact Suzanne Joyce at the Senior Center to RSVP: 845-477-8482.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge
- Summer Concert Series Richard Reiter Swing Band this Saturday, June 21st at 7:30p.m.
- Summer Concert Series Out of the Blue, Saturday June 28th 7:30p.m.
- Fourth of July Parade Friday July 4th kicking off from Holy Rosary Church at 11:00a.m.
- Fourth of July Fireworks will be Saturday July 5th at 9:00p.m. form the Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park
- Village Board Workshop Mon., July 21st from .6:30p.m. – 7:30p.m. in the Courthouse
- Village Board General Meeting Mon., June 21st at .7:30p.m.