GWL Mayor’s Column
Another Great Street Fair in GWL
Continuing a great tradition in GWL, the Chamber of Commerce Street fair was, yet again, a huge success. The event not only draws hundreds of people to the Village, it provides local and area businesses an opportunity to showcase their products to our community and the tourists here for the day. Events like these could not happen without the dedicated efforts of our Chamber of Commerce members and of course, the event Chairman Eric Kelm and wife, Deputy Mayor Kelli Kelm.
GWL Summer Concert Series Kicks off This Friday
This year our summer concert series has been coordinated by the efforts of Trustee Katheleen Holder. There will be a total of 14 bands playing this year. Bands will range from Jazz, Blues, Country and even Children’s Concerts again. Again, I am proud to announce that the Children’s portion of the concert series has been sponsored and fully funded by our local GWL Lions Club.
The concert series kicks off this Friday at the Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park at 7:00p.m. with the George F. Baker Band and Choir. This Saturday, June 14th at 7:30p.m., we will have the Somerville Brothers playing a country rock mix.
The Summer Concert Series is free for all to attend, however, donations are strongly recommended. Donations to the Concert Series are spent on the Concert Series. They go directly to improving the quality and diversity of performers and enable the Village to host more shows and concerts at the beach. But in any case, bring a blanket and a cooler with cold drinks and enjoy what many consider to be one of the finest concert venues in the Hudson Valley.
- Coalition Teen Center Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge
- Swim Lesson Sign ups at Village Hall, 18 Church St., June 12th from 6:300p.m. – 8:30p.m.. Cost is $50 per first child $45 for each additional child. There are two sessions available July 7-July 25 and July 28 -August 15
- George F. Baker Hich School Concert at the Beach, June 13th from 7:00p.m. – 9:00p.m.
- Summer Concert Series Kicks Off with Country band Somerville Brothers at the Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park at 7:30p.m.
- Village Board Workshop Mon., June 16th from .6:30p.m. – 7:30p.m. in the Courthouse
- Village Board General Meeting Mon., June 16th at .7:30p.m.