Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
A Time of Year to CLEAN UP!
As we enter into Spring (whenever that may be), we begin to clean up our yards, the sidewalks in front of our businesses, and the occasional favor for a loved one or neighbor. But this weekend, during the town-wide community clean sweep, we ask that everyone lends a helping hand to clean the community. We will be out cleaning sidewalks, streets, parks, neighborhoods and as much of the Village as possible. In addition, if you choose to clean your own neighborhood or a park near you, please call village hall to register so that we know to send out a crew to pick up any bags that are neatly left by the side of the road. We will be meeting at the GWL Senior Center at 9:00a.m on Saturday, April 26th. Cleaning will go as long as we have volunteers. In addition to the Clean Sweep, our local PBA is teaming up with the Community Coalition and the DEA to host a prescription pill drop at Village Hall Saturday, the 26th from 10:00a.m. to 2:00p.m. Nonperishable food items will also be collected the same day.
- Parental Presentation “Parents Who Host Lose the Most”, Thur., April 24th at the GWL Middle School, 7:00p.m. Presented by the Orange County Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Council, sponsored by the GWL Coalition.
- Paper Shredding Party at Grace Lutheran Church April 26th, from 9:00a.m. to 12:00p.m., 25 Waterstone Rd., Greenwood Lake. $10 per box of paper.
- Mexican Fiesta for Grades 6th – 8th May 9th from 6:30p.m. – 9:30p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge. Event is sponsored by the PBA and the GWL Coalition.
- GWL Teen Center open every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. under the Holy Rosary Church.
- Open Gym for Grades 9-12 every Friday at the MS. Free for Village and Town Residents
- Open Gym for grades 6-8 Every Thursday at the ES. Free for Village and Town Residents
- Community Clean Sweep, Sat., April 26th and Sun, April 27th. Meet at the senior center and be prepared to assist in the community-wide beatification, or Spring Cleaning, of our Village.