Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
GWL – Rooted in Traditions
Among the many incredible traditions that we, residents and friends of GWL get to share, is the noticeable and special event in early April – the Little League Parade on Opening Day. Saturday morning was a day many of us remember from when we were kids, marching in the streets of Greenwood Lake all the way to Lion’s Field to begin the Little League opening day ceremonies and first games of the season. This is a special day in GWL because it marks the start of a new season of baseball, one of GWL’s oldest organized sports. I want to commend the organizers of Little League for all of their hard work and effort, and I would also like to thank our grounds crew, Fire Dept and Police Dept for their part in the parade.
New Traditions Being Formed
It is not every day that you notice a new tradition forming. However, this year marks the second official year of GWL Hardball. This new recreational sport was formed last year by a group of dedicated individuals who sought to organize more recreation in the Village for our youth. Well done to you all and I am very much looking forward to the great progress made in this sport going forward.
- PBA Sponsored Easter Egg Hunt Saturday, April 12th at 10a.m. at the American Legion
- Greenwood Lake Lion’s 300 Club Roast Beef Dinner Sun, April 13th from 1-4p.m. at the American Legion. For tickets and to support the GWL Lion’s Club, please call Jesse Dwyer at 477-9215.
- Open Gym for Grades 9-12 every Friday at the MS. Free for Village and Town Residents
- Open Gym for grades 6-8 Every Thursday at the ES. Free for Village and Town Residents
- Village Board Workshop Monday, April 21st at 6:30p.m. at Village Hall
- Village Board Meeting Monday, April 21st at 7:30p.m. Village Hall
- Village Board Roundtable Thursday, April 24th at 7pm in Village Hall.
- Community Clean Sweep, Sat., April 26th and Sun, April 27th. Meet at the senior center and be prepared to assist in the community-wide beatification, or Spring Cleaning, of our Village.