Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Congratulations to Celt of the Year
On behalf of the Village Board I would like to thank the Gaelic Cultural Society for hosting a wonderful event at our American Legion last week. More specifically, I would like to thank one member in particular, Christine McAteer-Purdy, this year’s Celt of the Year. You have done a great job for your organization and your community and we are very lucky to be affected by your involvement and leadership in Greenwood Lake.
This Month’s Outdoor Recreation
The universe is ready to be discovered and the Town Beach (Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park in Village) is the perfect place to stargaze and explore our night sky! Participants will be using a reflector telescope to observe planets, our moon, deep space objects, and far away stars. This program is FREE for Village and Town of Warwick residents and is best suited for adults, teens and older children (ages 10+), but all are welcome.
Please register by calling Village Hall at 477-9215. Remember to include the number of people in your party. This event is brought to you by the Village of Greenwood Lake and Environmental Educator Katy Boula. Event is Saturday, March 15th at 7:00 p.m. at the Thomas Morahan Waterfront Park (end of Windermere).
Well Done on Former Prison Site
I would like to congratulate and commend Supervisor Sweeton and all involved in the process to take ownership over the old State Prison located in Warwick. The new “Technology Business Park” is sure to bring much needed revenue and jobs to the Town of Warwick.
- Teen Center Open Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at Holy Rosary Church
- Open Gym for Grades 9-12 every Friday at the MS. Free for Village and Town Residents
- Open Gym for grades 6-8 Every Thursday at the ES. Free for Village and Town Residents
- Village Election Day, Tuesday March 18th at the GWL Senior Center
- Star Gazing with Outdoor Educator Katy Boula, Saturday March 15th at 7:00p.m. at the Waterfront Park
- Village Budget Workshop Thursday, March 20th at Village Hall
- Village Board Workshop Monday, April 21st at 6:30p.m. at Village Hall
- Village Board Meeting Monday, April 21st at 7:30p.m. Village Hall