Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Expanding WiFi to all Parks Within Village
Working with the Village Board, Cablevision has begun the process to connect all parks within the Village to Wifi. This means that if you bring a computer, tablet, smartphone, or any Wifi enabled device to a village park, you will have access to the internet. The first of all our parks, ThomasMorahanPark, is now ‘online’. We hope that this encourages use of the outdoors, rather than distracts those using the outdoors. This will be a valuable asset to any college or high school student looking to balance a rigorous indoor study schedule with a bit of time outside while continuing to work on projects.
EARC Learn To Row Sign Ups
March marks another year for the Learn to Row program in GWL. This is a wonderful event for those participating and also those who watch the classic competitive sport of rowing on our lake. Sign up for the program Saturday, March 29, 9am – 1pm at the Alexander Emodi Boathouse located at 69 Sterling Road in GreenwoodLake. Club members will be on hand to answer questions. Training begins April 12th with an optional session at West Point’s “rowing tank”.
- Teen Center Open Every Wednesday from 6:00p.m. – 9:00p.m. at Holy Rosary Church
- Open Gym for Grades 9-12 every Friday at the MS. Free for Village and Town Residents
- Open Gym for grades 6-8 beginning March 6th at the ES. Free for Village and Town Residents
- Village Election Day, Tuesday March 18th at the GWL Senior Center
- Helen Kelly’s Christmas in March, Saturday, March 8th 12:00p.m. at the GWL Elks Lodge.
- Village Budget Workshop Thursday, March 6th at 7pm at Village Hall
- Village Board Workshop Monday, March 10th at 6:30p.m. at Court House.
- Village Board Meeting Monday, March 10th at 7:30p.m. Court House.