Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Breezy Point’s Winter Carnival
The Winter Carnival at Breezy Point Inn and Restaurant has seemingly turned into a village past-time. In two weeks, the weekend-long event, beginning with a wine tasting dinner buffet February 14th, is sure to turn out the masses both from land and lake. Saturday at the Breezy is filled with fun events for all ages and is capped with a bonfire on the lake as well as a live rock band. Sunday begins with a Pancake breakfast from 10:00a.m – 12:00p.m and continues with a day full of more fun events. If you would like a safe ride to and from the Breezy Winter Carnival, we have opened up our municipal lots on Jersey Ave and Church St where the Breezy will be providing shuttle services. If you have questions about the event, please contact the Breezy directly at 477-8100.
- Cyber-Bullying Seminar Hosted by GWL Coalition Feb. 12th from 7-9pm at the American Legion with a rain/snow date of Feb. 12th. Event is for parents and concerned citizens.
- Breezy Point Inn’s Annual Winter Carnival Feb. 14th – Feb. 16th
- Village Board Workshop Feb. 18th at 6:30 p.m. at the Courthouse
- Village Board General Meeting Feb. 18th at 7:30 p.m. at the Courthouse.
- Open Gym for Gradesa 9-12 every Friday at the MS. Free for Village and Town Residents
- Open Gym for grades 6-8 beginning March 6th at the ES. Free for Village and Town Residents