Mayor Dwyer’s column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Leaf and Brush Pickup
Although we are seeing winter’s cold weather these past couple of weeks, warm weather tends to show up from time to time during the winter. And although our garbage and recycling contractor will not be picking up leaf bags and brush over the winter, we will. If you decide to clean your property on a warm day, please call Village Hall and we will come by to pick up leaves or brush that has been properly bagged or tied and left curbside.
Waterstone Road Closure
Trustee Katheleen Holder and I met with the Principal of the elementary school as well as the District Superintendent last week and we believe we have found a solution to the safety and inconvenience that our walkers and parents face. The road will remain closed from Windermere down to the gate of our commuter lot. The gate of the commuter lot will remain open and parents are encouraged to enter Waterstone road from the commuter lot. This will ensure that as long as there are walkers on Waterstone, vehicles will not be driving along-side them. The exception will be Library and School staff who have permits and whose employer remains responsible for the conduct of their driving. The sidewalk that was put on Waterstone road is an unsafe sidewalk that is not elevated and does not have a curb. These measures are taken with the safety of our pedestrians as the primary concern. We appreciate the cooperation from all members of the community and we will continue to address the needs and concerns from all our residents.
Upcoming Events in Greenwood Lake
- Cyber-Bullying Seminar Hosted by GWL Coalition Feb. 5th from 7-9pm at the American Legion with a rain/snow date of Feb. 12th. Event is for parents and concerned citizens.
- Breezy Point Inn’s Annual Winter Carnival Feb. 14th – Feb. 16th – Great food, music, outdoor entertainment and a guaranteed great time.
- Re-Scheduled Village Board Meeting from January 21st will be January 27th , 6:30 p.m. workshop at the Courthouse followed by 7:30 p.m. meeting.
- Village Board Workshop Feb. 18th at 6:30 p.m. at the Courthouse
- Village Board General Meeting Feb. 18th at 7:30 p.m. at the Courthouse.