Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Holiday Sanitation Schedule
Garbage pick-up for residents with Wednesday pick-up will have their garbage picked up on Thursday, the day after New Year’s day. No change for recycling.
Comprehensive Plan Committee
A couple of months ago, the Village Board sent out a request for applications to join the Village’s Comprehensive Plan Committee and I am pleased to announce that the committee is almost full. It will be made up of 9 members, which includes a chairperson. The Committee is made up of local residents, business owners, recreation leaders, ZBA and Planning Board members. Trustee Ed English will be the Liaison between the committee and the Village Board. The last time a comprehensive plan, or in other words, a long term set of realistic goals for local development, zoning, recreation, parks, etc was adopted in 1997. Since then, there have been far too many changes in the economy and our demographic to go without an updated plan. That is why I pledged in my campaign that a new plan will be developed. I am proud to begin work on this new plan and I welcome the public’s input on the final product. We will post a draft of the plan on our website as soon as the committee has presented their ideas to the Board. Stay tuned for this exciting chapter in the shaping of GL’s future.
Health, Happiness & Good Fortune
On behalf of the Village Board and all Village employees, I would like to wish everyone a new year with great health, ample happiness and of course, good fortune. Be thankful for all the joyous things that occurred in 2013, but be even more thankful that we are all given an opportunity to do even better things in a new year.
Upcoming Events in Greenwood Lake
- G.L. Silent Flyers – Sun., Jan., 19 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Middle School. For information call Anthony Sole at 494-7770
- G.L. Coalition Meeting – Tue., Jan., 7 at 7 p.m. at the Senior Center.
- Village Board Workshop – Tue., Jan., 21 at 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
- Village Board Meeting – Tue., Jan 21 at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
- 34th Annual Kick-off Soccer Tournament – sponsored by the G.L. Gaelic Society on Sat., Jan. 4 & Sun., Jan. 5 and Sat., Jan., 11 through Mon., Jan. 13 at the Middle School.