Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Don’t Miss the STAR Registration Deadline
For the first time, homeowners who are receiving the Basic STAR property tax exemption are required to register with the New York State Tax Department for their exemption. The deadline to register is Tues., Dec. 31.
If you are receiving the Basic STAR exemption, and have not yet registered, don’t risk losing this benefit. The exemption saves the average homeowner $700.
Online registration on the Tax Department’s Web site is fast, easy and takes less than five minutes. Visit www.tax.ny.gov.
If you have questions or don’t have access to the Internet, call the Tax Department at 518-457-2036.
Holiday Sanitation Schedule
Garbage pick-up for residents with Wednesday pick-up will have their garbage picked up on Thursday, the day after Christmas and also Thursday, the day after New Year’s day. No change for recycling.
Once again, on behalf of the Village Board and all Village employees, we would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I hope all are safe, stress free, with good company and enjoying time with family and loved ones.
Upcoming Events in Greenwood Lake
- G.L. Coalition Open GYM – for grades 9-12 is every Friday at the Middle School at 8 p.m.
- G.L. Silent Flyers – Sun., Jan., 19 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Middle School. Learn to fly high tech remote control planes indoors. Admission for open flying is $10. All proceeds go to material for the kids. Kids under 16 are welcome free. For information call Anthony Sole at 494-7770
- G.L. Coalition Meeting – Tue., Jan., 7 at 7 p.m. at the Senior Center.
- Village Board Workshop – Tue., Jan., 21 at 6:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
- Village Board Meeting – Tue., Jan 21 at 7:30 p.m. in the Courthouse.
- 34th Annual Kick-off Soccer Tournament – sponsored by the G.L. Gaelic Society on Sat., Jan. 4 & Sun., Jan. 5 and Sat., Jan., 11 through Mon., Jan. 13 at the Middle School.