Mayor Dwyer’s column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Tree Lighting Thanks
I would like to thank all of the residents who came out for GL’s Tree Lighting. So many people contributed to this event and I hope everyone had a great time. I would like to send special thanks out to The Church of the Good Shepherd for allowing us to completely take over their beautiful church for several hours, the GL Ambulance Corp, Fire Department, our Police Department, Head of Grounds Tom Anderson, GWL Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, GFB High School Band, Choir and Dance Team, GWL Chamber of Commerce for taking photos with Santa, GWL Coalition and the Teen Center, GWL Antlers, Blanket Boss, Tuxedo Teacher’s Association, GWL Lion’s Club, Tony Donato (I mean Santa!!), and last, but very far from least, I would like to thank Deputy Mayor Kelli Kelm for being the chief organizer for the tree lighting. I am forever grateful for all of your commitments to our great Village.
Hydro-raking in North Arm and West Arm
I am pleased to update everyone on an extension that the Village Board has received to conduct work in the north arm with a Hydro-rake. We will be working on the bid documents this week and hope to conduct the project in the late spring/ early summer. Stay tuned for more details.
Upcoming Events in Greenwood Lake
- GWL Coalition Open GYM Grades 9-12 Every Friday at the Middle School. 8pm
- Girl Scout Troop 400 Santa Breakfast – Sat., Dec., 14 from 8a.m. -11a.m. at the American Legion
- Caroling Hayrides On Windermere – Sponsored by the GWL Garden Center –Sat. Dec. 14th from 5:00p.m. – 8:00p.m.
- GWL Village Board Workshop – Mon., Dec., 16 6:30p.m. Courthouse
- GWL Village Board General Meeting – Mon., Dec., 16 7:30p.m. Courthouse