Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
Wah Ta Wah Natural Gas
One additional level in WahTaWahPark is now hooked up to natural gas this winter. In addition, the negotiations that the Village Board, along with our DPW Commissioners, has led to the full-scale paving of Second Road in WTW at no cost to the tax payers. The end goal by both the Village and by O&R is to have the entire park hooked up to the more reliable and affordable natural gas infrastructure.
O&R Finally Removed Down Poles
Behind CVS, many would find it hard to believe that there is a swamp, beaver home, and an enormously thriving ecosystem. In addition, for nearly two decades, there were downed poles and wires hanging all about. Until Friday. on Friday O&R finally came, at the request of the Village Board, and removed several downed poles and wires throughout the Village property behind CVS. We intend to utilize that property for our outdoor programs and encourage the study and watching of wildlife right in our backyard – this effort was to ensure that the area is safe for visitors.
Upcoming Events in Greenwood Lake
- GWL Ecumenical Service – Tue, Nov 26 at 7:00 p.m. – The GWL Ecumenical Services will be held at the Jewish Community Center, Congregation B’Nai Torah, located on Old Dutch Hollow.
- Greenwood Lake Commission – Wed., Nov. 25th at 7:00 p.m. GL SeniorCenter
- GWL Outdoor Program: Reading The Woods – Sat, Nov. 30th at 10:30 a.m. Retired Park Ranger and outdoor educator Doc Bayne, will lead an educational hike for all ages after a short presentation. He will teach you how to READ THE WOODS across from the GL Senior Center. Hike begins with a short presentation in the GL Senior Center at 10:30 Sat morning. Dress appropriately for the weather.
* GWL SILENT FLIERS: –9 a.m. GWL Middle School for information call Anthony Sole 845-494-7770.
* PICTURES WITH SANTA- 2 p.m. to 4 p. m.
Church of the Good Shepherd
* CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION- 4p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, High School Choir, Band and Dancers will perform outside at the
* SANTA ARRIVES BY FIRE TRUCK-5:30 P.M.
Santa arrives for tree lighting.