Mayor Dwyer’s Column
Greenwood Lake Mayor
By Jesse Dwyer
If you drove around the Village this past weekend and wondered what all of the traffic was about, then you likely missed out on some wonderful GWL events. This past Sunday GWL celebrated a piece of its traditions and history for almost an entire day, with many different events. First, the day began with the American Memorial Triathlon headed by Former Mayor Moore and a dedicated Triathlon Committee.
Then we had the enormous turnout of spectators for a GL tradition – the Bed Race headed by resident Dave Spalthoff and his committee of volunteers. This event lined the streets of Windermere with hundreds of spectators who stuck around and enjoyed our beautiful Village and businesses.
Immediately after the Bed Race, the Lion’s Club held their annual 300 Club Chicken BBQ at the Elks Lodge. This event was sold out and that is the first time in several years that the Lions have sold out for a 300 Club BBQ Thank you so much to everyone who purchased tickets to the Lions chicken BBQ because you truly are investing in a great organization that gives everything back to the community.
Upcoming Events in GWL
- Wed., Sept. 11th, at 11:00 a.m.: 9/11 Memorial Ceremony at SeniorCenter
- Wed., Sept. 11th, at 7:00 p.m.: 9/11 Memorial Ceremony at GL Firehouse on Waterstone
- Mon., Sept. 16th, at 7pm.: GWL Village Board Workshop followed by business meeting at Courthouse
- Sat., Sept 28th, at 11am.: Appalachian Trail Family Hike Day. Meet at Entrance to AT on Continental Road (Top of Mt.Peter).
- Sat., Sept 28th, at 7pm.: Teen Movie Night at the Beach.